What will your job be
As Technician Formulation and Freeze-drying you support a small team of scientists with formulation and freeze-drying of microbial products.
- Execute experimental studies in an efficient manner to develop formulations that meet project goals and timelines.
- Be able to understand technical issues and the impact of various factors on dried product quality.
- Interact (in word and actions) in multi-disciplinary teams: fermentation, recovery, application and analysis.
- Use various analytical instruments to conduct physicochemical/biophysical/biological characterization of dried formulations.
- Processing and interpretation of experimental data, write experimental reports, and in-house presenting of technical data.
What are we looking for
For the position as Technician Formulation and Freeze-drying we are looking for enthusiastic candidate who meet the following profile:
- HBO degree in Chemical, Biochemical or Food
process Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related
- Preferably experience in the formulation of biological products
and understanding of technologies such as freeze-drying, spray-drying,
granulation, emulsion, encapsulation, etc.
- Being critical and analytical, having fun working in a laboratory.
- Hands-on mentality showing initiative: combining skills, creativity and experience in not so obvious solutions and approaches
- You like to work in a team and are able to quickly adapt and respond effectively to changes.
- You have good communication skills both in Dutch and English
What do we offer
- Long term position, which starts with a 6 months contract at CheckMark
- Salary indication from €2700,- gross per month based on a full-time position
- Full-time position, where 32 hours a week is negotiable
Where will you work
This company in Rijswijk is an global supplier in food enzymes, cultures, taste and health ingredients and other specialties.