What will your job be
Within the Cell Culture group cells are cultured and seeded for assay and release testing purposes. Various cell lines are maintained, including cell banking activities, optimizing culturing and development of new cell lines.
The usage of the cells is for various molecular biological assays within GMP, GLP and development studies. Also various release assays are performed by the team as they consist mostly of cell culture activities.
Your main tasks will be:
- Culturing cells for all purposes described above
- Interpretation of test results of assays performed
- Reviewing of work performed by colleagues
- Maintaining GMP status of all activities within the cell culture laboratory
- Having close contact with customers
What are we looking for
We are looking for a motivated technician who enjoys working in a multidisciplinary team.
- MLO or HLO education in Life Science. Please not that the role is strongly routine based (80%). MBO
level candidates are therefore highly preferred over HBO qualified candidates by our client (MSc and PhD are not considered by our client)
- Experience with cell culture and/or molecular biological assays.
- You are capable of keeping the overview and to optimize processes in a dynamic, strong growing environment.
- You have experience with lab activities in a GMP environment or similar, where documentation plays a major role, is considered as a plus.
- You speak both English and Dutch
What do we offer
- A secondment via Checkmark Labrecruitment
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week), parttime is not possible!
Where will you work
A global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases.
The Cell Culture group is part of the Analytical Development Department and is responsible for the release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of the company's virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.