What will your job be
As a Software Engineer Chemistry you will maintain, design and develop software modules that will be used in many different analytical instruments.
- Collaborate in team that develops PC software and instrument firmware to operate chemical analysis instruments
- Maintain bug tracker and conduct bug triage meetings with product owners to review cases and assign priority
- Assist with the translation of product requirements into a design for the user experience and workflow
- Write technical documentation and perform testing during product development as well as release test
- Communicate with service engineers and occasionally customers on issues
What are we looking for
For the position of Software Engineer Chemistry we are looking for someone with a strong affinity with software development and laboratory instrumentation.
- BSc or MSc degree in Chemistry or Computer Science
- Experience with development methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile and Scrum is a pré
- Experience with Software QA/Unit testing and Root cause analysis is a pré
- Knowledge of automated testing is a pré
- Fluent Dutch and English language skills
What do we offer
- Long term position, which starts with a one year contract at the hiring company
- Salary indication from €3200,- to €4850,- gross per month based on a full-time position
- Full-time position (40 hours/week)
Where will you work
Our client in Rotterdam is a well-known producer of analytical instruments in the chemical sector.