What will your job be
As a Senior Scientist Formulation Development you will plan, coordinate and execute scientific studies to support projects and deliverables (e.g. preformulation studies, formulation studies, temperature excursion guides).
- You will design experiments to reach the project targets and erform data analysis
- You will write scientific reports, regulatory documents
- You will adhere to timelines for performing experiments
- You are accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results
- You will present the outcome internally and externally
- You will recreate Intellectual Property
- You will investigate quality incidents
What are we looking for
For the position of Senior Scientist Drug Development we are looking for an enthusiastic PhD candidate with familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, drug delivery systems, packaging and stability studies.
- You have a Msc or PhD in a relevant discipline like biology, pharmaceutical sciences or biochemistry and minimum of 5 years industry based work experience
- You are pro-active, flexible, creative and enjoy working in a team. Furthermore you have good organizational and communication skills
- Working knowledge of biophysical and chemical characterization techniques
- You have experience with one or more of the following techniques: HPLC/UPLC, DLS, PCR, fluorimetry, UV/Vis absorbance, DSC, TMA
- You have filled multiple patents
What do we offer
- Long-term employement starting with a 6 months contract via Checkmark followed by a contract from the company
- Salary indication from €4500,- based on fulltime
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week), 32 hours/week is discussable
Where will you work
Global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases. The Drug Product Development (DPD) department consists of four teams that work closely together: Formulation Development (FD), Fill/Finish Process (FFP), Formulation Science & Technology (FST), and Technical Integrators (TI). The DPD department develops the bulk drug substance and drug product formulations, the aseptic compounding and fill/finish processes, and oversees DP manufacturing at fill/finish sites. The department is embedded in the broader Vaccine Process & Analytical Developmentorganization and collaborates with the clinical (supply) teams to define the storage and distribution network, and to generate in-use stability data.