What will your job be
As a Scientist Molecular Bioassays you will develop bioassays for characterization of vaccines that are produced with the PER.C6® technology.
- Assay development activities will mainly focus on assays that measure vaccine potency and vaccine purity. These include different formats, but will have a focus on ELISA, (q)PCR and cell culture-based assay systems.
- You independently hypothesize, design and report assay development or optimization activities with hands-on involvement.
- Further responsibilities will be to leverage the work of project members to meet project checkpoints and accomplish team objectives on time and within budget.
What are we looking for
For the position of Scientist Molecular Bioassays we are looking for a Ph.D. canddiate with 2-3 years post-doctoral experience
- Master candidates with at least 3 years of experience are also welcome to apply
- You have experience with cell-based assays, molecular biology, cell biology, or life sciences and is familiar with techniques as ELISA, qPCR, cell culture, virus culture.
- Experience in working in industry or assay development or GMP is considered advantageous.
- As a person you have a flexible work attitude and a can-do mentality.
- You enjoy working in a team that is eager to extend their knowledge of new technologies.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team are equally important as independent planning and execution of tasks.
What do we offer
- A secondment via Checkmark Labrecruitment
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week), parttime (32 hours/week) is negotiable
Where will you work
A global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases. The Molecular Bioassay group is part of the Analytical Development (AD) group and is responsible for developing methods that are employed to analyze and characterize virus based vaccines.