What will your job be
We are looking for a motivated Associated Scientist within the field of upstream process development.
- Under limited supervision, but as part of a team you will plan, prepare and execute scientific studies.
- This will be part of a project plan, and you will be responsible for analyzing the results and reporting main conclusions.
- Experiments may be performed in bioreactors or in a reduced-scale model.
What are we looking for
For the position of Associate Scientist Upstream processing we are looking for Master of PDEng candidate in a relevant discipline in biopharmaceutical sciences/engineering, biotechnology or virology
- You have a M.Sc./PDeng in a relevant discipline, or a B.Sc with 3 years of experience in biotechnology or pharmacy.
- You have a strong affinity with upstream process development, as demonstrated by experience with mammalian cell culture, hands-on experience with bioreactors, preferably at different scales / sizes.
- Experience with production, technology transfer and knowledge of GMP is an advantage.
- You are a motivated team player who is flexible and has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills.
What do we offer
- Secondment via CheckMark Labrecruitment
- Fulltime position, 40 hours/week
- After your training period, your will occasionally be expected to work during weekend hours.
Where will you work
A global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases.
The USP department is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with other departments. Within the department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.