What will your job be
As Assistant Scientist Immunology you carry out serological immuno-assays to for the immunological evaluation of the early development of viral vaccines
- You will perform the serological immuno-assays such as ELISA and Virus Neutralization Assays
- For every finished experiment you will report the data to the scientist, who does the scientific review of the experiments.
- Moreover, as assistant scientist immunology you will support the development of assays. In case of development, you will discuss the outcome and plan for follow up experiments
- Summarizing, this role involves some routine (30%) but also provides opportunity for process optimization
What are we looking for
For the Assistant Scientist Immunology vacancy we are looking for a motivated person with a relevant educational background. You meet the following profile:
- You have a relevant degree, preferably bachelor (HLO) level. Experienced candidates with a MBO degree and MSc-level candidates with the right motivation are also invited to apply. This is not a PhD-level role
- You have relevant work or internship experience in serological immuno-assays (ELISA / Virus Neutralization assays)
- Moreover, you have experience working in a GLP, GCLP, GMP, CCKL regulated environment or a similar lab-related quality system, focusing on traceability
- If you have experience with automated systems (e.g. LIMS) and laboratory robotics (E.g. Tecan), this is conidered a plus
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
What do we offer
- Availability of 40 hours per week, 32 hours is discussable
- Contract for 6 months via CheckMark Labrecruitment, extention might be possible
Where will you work
A global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases.