What will your job be
As an Analytical Chemist GC you will develop analytical solutions required by internal clients in the field of Chemicals and petrochemicals
Equipment include GC-MS (incl. 2D GC-MS) and co-detection methods such as FID and SCD. In addition, the lab is equipped with a variety of sample introduction techniques such as liquid injection, headspace and pyrolysis.
- You will provide chemical characterization and problem solving expertise to support product development programs, customer and manufacturing issue resolution.
- You have the drive to implement a wide range of GC and GCMS methods with various detection techniques (MS, FID, SCD) and develop methodologies to support SABIC’s long-term vision – translate the needs of our internal customers into analytical solutions.
- You will perform development of new GC methods as well as routine GC testing to support R&D activities.
- You will ensure equipment availability through timely maintenance and troubleshooting.
- You will maintain contact with instrument vendors in the area of GC.
- You will prepare written reports, presentations and operating procedures.
What are we looking for
For the position of GC-MS Technician we are looking for a Bachelor or Master candidate with at least 3 years of experience in Gaschromatografie (GC)
- Experience with comprehensive and 2D GC is a plus
- Experience with method development, troubleshooting, and maintenance is desired
- You have strong knowledge/understanding of petrochemicals
- Experience with Agilent data processing software (especially MassHunter®) are desired
- As a person you are driven, communicatieve and eager
What do we offer
- Secondment via CheckMark labrecruitment
- Fulltime position, but 4 days/week is negotiable
Where will you work
This international company is one of the largest manufacturer in petrochemicals. The position is in the Analytical team (>30 fte) and the lab is well equipped with an extensive array of modern analytical techniques in the area of advanced chromatography, spectroscopy, elemental analysis, morphology / microscopy.