What will your job be
As a Technician Bioassays you will perform sample analysis using bioassays for characterization of vaccines that are produced with the PER.C6® technology.
- Activities will mainly focus on assays that measure vaccine potency and vaccine purity. These include different formats, but will have a focus on ELISA, qPCR and cell-culture-based assay systems.
- The position will also involve handling of biologically active substances.
- Further responsibilities will be development and optimization of methods, trouble shooting, planning of lab-related activities as well as writing of reports and oral presentations.
What are we looking for
For the position of Technician Bioassays we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with some years of experience in a relevant field of cell-based assays, molecular biology, cell biology, or life sciences
- Education: MLO or HLO (Master candidates are not considered by our client)
- You have experience with ELISA, cell-culture, virus culture and qPCR
- Experience in working in industry, assay development or at a ML-2+ laboratory or higher are considered advantageous
- You have a flexible work attitude and a can-do mentality
- You enjoy working in a team that is eager to extend their knowledge of new technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team are equally important as independent planning and execution of tasks
What do we offer
- A secondment via Checkmark Labrecruitment
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week), parttime 32 hours is an option
Where will you work
A global biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases. The Molecular Bioassay group is responsible for developing methods that are employed to analyze and characterize virus based vaccines.