What will your job be
In this role as Senior Account Manager Genomics you will be responsible for the growth of the turnaround with key customers and building strong and sustainable customer relationships. These key accounts are international and many are growing fast. Your responsibilities include:
- Take a key role within the commercial team e.g., in key-decision making based on the years of prior work experience
- Cross sales of new products, as well as coordinating marketing activities, (e.g., new product launch strategies, budgeting, CAPA coordination)
- Coaching of junior team members
- The role will require both national and international travel to meet customers and to attend relevant conferences and business events
- You will directly report to the Commercial Director
What are we looking for
For this position as Senior Account Manager Genomics we are looking for an energetic and ambitious Account Manager with affinity to the genomics market. Furthermore, we ask for:
- BSc degree or higher in industrial or food) biotechnology, nutrition sciences, bioinformatics, microbiology or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ account management experience working with scientists and researchers as clients
- A good network in our pharma, food ingredients and biotech are a great advantage
- Experience with complex sales processes and with service agreements.
- Can-do-mentality, focused, flexible and willingness to travel to attend scientific conferences and/or visit customer locations.
- You have a proactive commercial mindset, excellent negotation skills
What do we offer
- Long term position, which starts with a one year contract at the hiring company
- Full-time position, where 32 hours a week is negotiable
- Flexibility to work remotely for some days per week
Where will you work
Our client in Leiden provides genomics services to many different (inter)national biotech companies. Quality, speed and customer satisfaction are important pillars. In this role you will be part of a commercial team (7 fte) consisting out of account managers, business developers and marketeers.