What will your job be
As an associate Scientist Upstream Processing you will plan, coordinate scientific studies to support process development projects.
- You will perform data analysis and write scientific reports.
- At one end, you will work close together with the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work.
- At the other, you work closely together with the other scientists to translate the results of the development work into production processes.
- You may also represent USP in a multi-disciplinary project team and will support the transfer of the developed process in the production environment.
What are we looking for
For the position of associate Scientist Upstream Processing we are looking for an academic candidate with relevant work experience
- MSc/PDEng/PhD in a relevant field
- 3-4 years of work experience is required
- You have experience in mammalian cell culture, and a strong affinity with upstream processes development, preferably with hands-on experience with bioreactors.
- Experience in production, technology transfer and knowledge of GMP is an advantage.
- You are an excellent team player with excellent communication skills, who is flexible, has a can-do attitude, and a pro-active mindset.
What do we offer
- Fulltime position (40 hours/week) but 32 hours/week is negotiable
- Secondment via CheckMark Labrecruitment
Where will you work
Pharmaceutical company. This department, Process development, consists of a USP and a DSP department and is
responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade
production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a
production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the
processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the
vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed
production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for
the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial
production. All activities are performed in close collaboration with